The Membership Committee, a collaboration of MPA and MSHP members, works to increase and strengthen membership by developing activities for members. To encourage new members, the Committee also organizes a student luncheon annually. In addition, they evaluate member benefits and work on developing strategies to target special interest groups, including new practitioners and pharmacy technicians, for membership. View the Membership Committee Annual Report
2018 MPA/MSHP Membership Committee Members
2018 MPA/MSHP Membership Committee Charges
|Kali VanLangen, pharmacist co-chair
|Hope Broxterman, pharmacist co-chair
|Chadi Abbas, technician co-chair
|Neha Desai, MSHP Board liaison
||Sister Phyllis Klonowski
|Mike Wolf, staff liaison
- Work with MPA staff and MPA Executive Board to maximize the use of technology to support member recruitment and retention: mobile friendly website, mobile friendly apps, social media ideas to increase membershio
- Evaluate the value of new membership offerings: career connect, Pharmacy Mentoring Network
- Develop additional marketing strategies by: evaluating member satisfaction, evaluating membership stats per category (students, technicians, etc.), target Health Professional Leadership Academy graduates and other health-system leaders.
- As part of a recruitment campaign, draft a schedule for volunteers (MPA staff and/or MSHP board members) to sign-up to attend local/regional society meetings with the intent to promote membership in MPA/MSHP. Coordinate appropriate MPA materials and outline talking points.
- Review and make recommendations for changes based on the targeted outcomes outlined in the MPA Strategic Focus Area #1: Membership in 2017 - 2018 Strategic Plan.
- Develop membership recongition avenue/process and collaborate ideas with Publications Committee to highlight member accomplishments.
If you have any questions regarding the MPA/MSHP Membership Committee, please contact staff liaison, Mike Wolf, at Mike@MichiganPharmacists.org.