8:30-9 a.m.—Registration and Continental Breakfast
9-10 a.m.—Medication Safety: The Pharmacy Technician’s Role
Meets patient safety educational requirements
Sheri Rawlings, Pharm.D., medication safety and investigational drugs pharmacy specialist, Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, Mich.
10-11 a.m.—Board of Pharmacy Rule Changes
Meets law educational requirements
Eric D. Roath, Pharm.D., clinical care coordinator, SpartanNash, Lansing, Mich.
11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.—Topical Opioids for Management of Chronic Wounds
Meets pain educational requirements
Levi Hall, Pharm.D., pharmacy specialist, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak, Mich.
1-2 p.m.—Mental Health First Aid
Shawn Edwards, manager of education and health and safety, Genesee Health System, Flint, Mich.
2-3 p.m.—MAPS: Updates and Opportunities
Speaker to be determined
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss impending board of pharmacy rule changes.
2. Discuss appropriate topical opioids for management of chronic wounds.
3. Explain mental health first aid and the technician’s role.
4. Explain how to navigate the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS) online.
5. Discuss the role of pharmacy technicians in medication safety.