Cardinal Pharmacy is looking for a Full Time Pharmacy Manager who excels at building great personal relations with patients and employees. We are offering a superior salary starting at $118,000 annually and a great benefit package including health coverage, paid time off, 401k plan, & free health club membership!
Apply today at www.migiziedc.com!
Questions? Call Alexa LaRose at 989-775-4154.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, guidance, and supervision for the pharmacy to achieve departmental and clinic goals.
- Organizes and directs daily department operational activities.
- Responsible for determining budgetary needs, submitting pharmacy budget requests, and executing the budget once established. Submits appropriate reports in a timely manner including quarterly reports, annual reports, etc.
- Develops short and long-term departmental goals and objectives .
- Develops, implements, and maintains written policies and procedures for the provision of pharmaceutical care services.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a departmental quality assurance plan.
- Represents the pharmacy in contacts with State & Federal agencies, Health Service administrators, Tribal and professional organizations, colleges of pharmacy, etc.
- Participates in the recruitment, orientation, training, and retention of pharmacy staff.
- Maintains and periodically print a formulary of approved and stocked pharmaceuticals.
- Participates in appropriate training to maintain required continuing education credentials and to further knowledge in specific areas of pharmaceutical care.
- Maintains a pool of available temporary pharmacist and technician personnel and secure their services when needed to cover openings due to illness, training, vacations, etc.
- Reviews the record of each patient prior to the dispensing of any medications.
- Ensures patient confidentiality including HIPAA regulations are maintained at all points of the pharmaceutical care process.
- Resolves with the appropriate medical provider any concerns or questions, prior to the dispensing of medications.
- Documents all pertinent pharmacy activities such as: prescriptions filled, monitoring activities, interventions, consultations, and recommendations in the patient's records.
- Provides counseling to each patient (or caregiver) receiving medications and verify the patients understanding of the purpose and expected outcome of therapy. Counseling will be provided for both new and refill prescriptions.
- Be responsible for assuring that drug availability, distribution, and control are appropriate, safe, and meet the needs of patient care while complying with appropriate laws.
- Maintains a perpetual inventory of all controlled substances.
- Provides drug information, health promotion activities, and staff education relating to drug therapy and disease prevention.
- Manages care for selected patients for whom medications are the principal form of therapy.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Maintains direct report & responsible for all subordinates in pharmacy.
- Follows all state and federal rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed and certified by the State of Michigan Board of Pharmacy as a registered pharmacist.
- Two (2) years' experience in an outpatient/retail pharmacy setting.
- Interpersonal relations and customer service skills.
- Listed on the pharmacy state license as the pharmacist in charge.
- Immunization certification through an accredited organization or willing to become a certified immunizer within six (6) months of hire date.
- Pre-employment background check, drug screen, and TB test.