Thank you for your interest in pharmacy technician training resources published by Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA)! As a state pharmacy association, you have the opportunity to receive discounted pricing on the Pharmacy Certified Technician (PCT) Training Manual and PCT Calculations Workbook. In addition, if you become a marketing partner with us, you receive even greater discounts on your product orders as well as customized marketing materials! MPA has more than 30 years of experience in developing quality pharmacy technician training materials. Discover what our new editions, released in 2018, have to offer. Please read the information below to find out more about our products, view sample content and access order information.
Pharmacy Certified Technician Training Manual
14th Edition, 2018 - sample pages
- Includes updated content and even broader overview to help pharmacy technicians address the challenges of the pharmacy practice today as well as current
- Several new topics have been incorporated into the edition to enhance the pharmacy technician's learning experience, including valuable communication and professionalism skills to use with both patients and colleagues in the pharmacy setting, pain management information that discusses current recommendations in pain management therapy, a substance use disorder overview that provides information over current substance use disorder treatment and therapy including smoking cessation, opioid use disorder as well as patient education resources.
- The first section of the book, “Pharmacy Practice” and "Practice Areas" address pharmacy technician practice settings and critical information about job function and responsibility in the community pharmacy, health-system and long-term care practice. These sections prepare technicians for essentials in pharmacy, including patient and medication safety, laws and regulations, operations, emergency preparedness and clinical opportunities.
- The second section, “Human Systems and Pharmacy Intervention,” helps pharmacy technicians
understand how drugs work, gives familiarity to the most common medications and reviews each
system of the body.
- Accompanying many chapters are real-life stories from pharmacy technicians around the nation and their perspective on pharmacy practice, bringing home the concepts discussed.
- The accompanying CD-ROM includes
a master table of all medications listed throughout the book, an incredible resource and
tool for students and practicing pharmacy technicians.
- All review questions have been analyzed and updated, as needed, allowing those who own previous
editions room for review and growth.
- MPA also produced a Pharmacy Certified
Technician Calculations Workbook, as a necessary companion to this Manual (learn more below).
Pharmacy Certified Technician Calculations Workbook
Fifth Edition, 2018 - sample pages
- Each chapter contains three basic elements: learning objectives, the main text
with step-by-step examples and practice problems.
- The learning objectives will give the reader a broad overview of the core concepts
in each chapter. The main text of the chapters provide key terms and definitions, memorization
charts, formulas and equations to note, as well as real-life situations to which
these calculations are applied.
- Each chapter includes working examples that take the
learner step-by-step through the process.
- At the end of each chapter, practice problems follow that reinforce key concepts
and allow the learner to practically review.
- This workbook comes with an accompanying CD-ROM, which includes answers
to the practice problems, along with the steps needed to solve each problem.
- The Calculations Workbook is intended to be used in conjunction with the
Pharmacy Certified Technician Training Manual, also produced by MPA.
Together, these materials should be helpful in preparing pharmacy technicians for the national certification examination administered by
the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) as well as providing a strong
platform for technician career growth.
State pharmacy associations are offered discounted pricing on MPA's two pharmacy technician training publications. Prices are effective through Dec. 31, 2019. Please note that prices do not include shipping and handling fees. In order to be eligible for the State Association Pricing with Marketing Agreement designated in the order form, MPA must receive a signed copy of the marketing agreement from your state (see below for more details). Purchases at this price must be made for resale only. Click here to access an order form for our pharmacy technician training publications.
Marketing Partnership Opportunity
If you are interested in becoming a state association marketing partner with MPA to take advantage of greater discounts on ordering technician training materials for your state to offer, please review the marketing agreement. Once the agreement is completed and returned to MPA, you are eligible for the state association marketing partner pricing reflected in the order form. MPA will also sign the agreement and return a completed copy to you. We will also request contact information for the individual at your association who will take book orders and provide you with customized marketing materials. You are welcome to request additional ad types and sizes to accommodate your needs! Please return your completed agreement to Bridget Long, MPA administrative assistant, at Bridget@MichiganPharmacists.org or fax to (517) 484-4893.
Current marketing partners can access their customized marketing materials by clicking on the black dropdown bar below.