Pharmacist Learning Objectives
- At the end of this home study activity, participants should be able to:
Identify how to register to deliver MTM services through the CHAMPS system used by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- Identify eligible Michigan Medicaid Beneficiaries who are able to receive and benefit from these services.
- Discuss proper techniques for approaching and managing patients based on their medication needs.
- Appropriately document and bill for services provided to Michigan Medicaid beneficiaries in compliancewith Michigan Medicaid Guidelines including the use of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Describe the process of billing an MTM service through the CHAMPS system.
This continuing education activity was developed specifically for pharmacists.
To purchase this homestudy, click the button below.
Eric D. Roath, Pharm.D., MBA, SpartanNash, clinical care coordinator, Wyoming, Mich.
Dianne Malburg, R.Ph., Consultant, Lansing, Mich.
Farah Jalloul, Pharm.D., MBA, MPA director of professional development, Lansing, Mich.
Carol Bugdalski-Stutrud, R.Ph., independent contractor, Lansing, Mich.
Directions to View Activity and Receive Credit
Read the complete article, appendix 1, and appendix 2, then complete the posttest and evaluation by clicking on “Add to Cart” in the right sidebar to purchase the home study course.
Please note that MPA’s website is compatible with newer versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and FireFox. It is not compatible with the Safari platform.
Continuing Education Credit
Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity #0112-0000-21-004-H04-P; 3.5 contact hours; Initial Release Date: 7/8/21; Expiration Date: 7/8/24
The authors have indicated that they do not have any conflicts of interest, nor do they have financial relationships with a commercial interest related to this activity.
To adequately view continuing education articles, please visit the Adobe website for the latest technical specifications for your version of Adobe Reader.
To adequately view continuing education articles, you must have Adobe Reader 6.0+. To download the latest version based on your operating system, please visit the Adobe website.
To adequately view video presentations, you must have at least a Broadband Internet connection with 500+ Kbps.
For questions regarding continuing education, contact MPA .