Directions to View Activity and Receive Credit
Click on "Add to Cart" in the right sidebar to purchase the home study course. Upon successful purchase you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the video content for this program. Watch the video in its entirety and then complete the posttest and evaluation by clicking on the blue "Begin Activity" button in the right sidebar.
Please note that MPA's website is compatible with newer versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and FireFox. It is not compatible with the Safari platform.
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Explain the differences between tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), hemp and marijuana.
2. Describe the pharmacology and physiological response of cannabinoids in the human body.
3. Explain the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act and important considerations for pharmacy professionals.
4. Discuss the 2018 Farm Bill and the 2018 Michigan Public Acts regarding the legalization of industrial hemp.
5. Explain the variance between federal and state laws related to cannabis.
Shanelle L. Covington, R.Ph., Pharm.D., MPA/PSI executive fellow, Michigan Pharmacists Association, Lansing Mich.
Continuing Education Credit
Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Universal Activity #0112-0000-19-226-H03-P; 0.75 contact hours; Initial Release Date: 06/24/19; Expiration Date: 06/24/22
The author has indicated that she does not have any conflicts of interest, nor does she have financial relationships with a commercial interest, related to this activity.
To adequately view continuing education articles, please visit the Adobe website for the latest technical specifications for your version of Adobe Reader.
To adequately view continuing education articles, you must have Adobe Reader 6.0+. To download the latest version based on your operating system, please visit the Adobe website.
To adequately view articles, you must have at least a Broadband Internet connection with 500+ Kbps.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact MPA Education Planning Assistant, Chelsea Boucha at (517) 377-0225 or Chelsea@MichiganPharmacists.org.