Time: 1-2:15 p.m. EST
Farah Jalloul, Pharm. D., Pharmacy Services Inc. Director of Professional Development and Brian Sapita, MPA Governmental Affairs Manager, will discuss all the legislative changes pharmacy staff should know about.
This program is intended for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
ACPE Universal Activity Numbers:
1.25 contact hours; Initial Release Date: 06/27/2019; Expiration Date: 06/27/2022; Knowledge-based Activity
Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician Learning Objectives
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify relevant changes to pharmacy law and policy taking effect in 2019.
2. Identify mechanisms to be in compliance with recent law and policy changes.
3. Discuss potential and upcoming regulatory changes currently being discussed by policy makers.
PROCESS TO CLAIM CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
To earn pharmacy continuing education credit, complete the following steps.
1. Register with Lecture Panda – Prior to the event, you should register on the Lecture Panda website by providing your name, e-mail address, NABP E-profile identification number (aka CPE Monitor number) and date of birth (MMDD format). To do so, click here or scan the below QR code with your cell phone or tablet to be directed to the event page on the Lecture Panda website. Upon registering on Lecture Panda, you will receive an e-mail confirming registration with a link to complete credit requirements. This link allows you access to the program handout, evaluation and posttest. To avoid e-mails going to your spam folder, be sure to set up your e-mail account to allow e-mails from Lecture Panda.
2. Handouts – To access the program handout, refer to the registration confirmation e-mail that you received from Lecture Panda and click on the blue button titled “Complete Credit Requirements.” You will be directed to the program handout where you can conveniently pull them up on your PC, cell phone or tablet, or you can print them if you wish to have hard copies. If you would like to have the posttest questions in front of you while going through the webinar, be sure to print the handout named “posttests” as it contains all applicable posttest questions. Posttest questions will not be available for reference onsite.
3. Claim Credit – To complete the evaluation and posttest and claim credit, refer to the registration confirmation e-mail that you received from Lecture Panda and click on the blue button titled “Complete Credit Requirements.” You will be directed to confirm your name, e-mail address, NABP E-profile identification number and date of birth, then progress to the claim credit screens where you will enter the program claim code provided at the end of the program and complete the evaluation and posttest. More information about program claim codes is below. Upon completion of the evaluation and posttests credit will automatically be submitted to your CPE Monitor record. You must pass the posttest with a score of 70 percent or greater to earn credit.
4. Overall Event Evaluation – MPA would like to know about your overall experience while attending this event. Please be sure to complete the overall event evaluation on Lecture Panda in addition to the program evaluation. Your feedback is used to improve MPA events.
Program Claim Codes
When claiming credit in Lecture Panda, you will be required to enter a “claim code” unique to this program. Be sure to pay attention at the end of the program to receive the program claim code. The program claim code will not be provided to participants after the program has ended. It is recommended that you keep track of the program claim codes by recording it once it is provided during session.
For knowledge-based programs in which presenters did not submit posttest questions, attendees will not be penalized. MPA, as an ACPE-accredited provider, is required to report pharmacist and pharmacy technician PCE credit to CPE Monitor. ACPE guidelines prohibit MPA from issuing credit 60 days or more after the activity for any reason. Therefore, to avoid denial of credit, it is imperative that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians complete the online evaluation and posttest before July 11, 2019. The evaluation and posttest will not be available for completion and requests to process credit will not be accepted after this date. You will receive periodic e-mails from Lecture Panda reminding you to complete requirements. Due to this new process, participants will not receive an attendance form to record programs attended.