MPA is YOUR Association, so make the most out of your membership!
Join your fellow pharmacy professionals in advancing your personal practice and profession in the state of Michigan. By belonging to the only state pharmacy professional association, you will receive a multitude of benefits that will increase your effectiveness in your practice as a pharmacy professional. Please contact MPA with questions about membership benefits.
As an MPA member, we keep you informed.
- Free subscription to MPA PRN, a bi-weekly electronic newsletter
- Free subscription to Michigan Pharmacist journal, published four times a year (January, April, July, October)
- Free subscription to practice section newsletters
- Pharmacy news update e-mails and alerts
- Discounts on MPA publications such as Michigan Pharmacy Law: A Guide to the Statutes and Regulations and Pharmacy Certified Technician (PCT) Training Manual
Take advantage of the practice-related tools and resources MPA can provide you with as a member.
- Free consultation with MPA staff on issues related to Board of Pharmacy actions, licensing, third-party payers, professional practice issues, legislation and employer/employee relations.
- Continuing education offerings: home study, certificate, online and live programs to help fulfill live, pain management and law requirements for pharmacist licensure and pharmacy technician certification.
- Access to ‘members-only’ sections of the MPA Web site, providing you with information on frequently asked practice questions, Medicare information and practice guidance.
- Discover employment opportunities and important pharmacy announcements.
- An accredited online CPR certification program at a discount! Click here for more details on the partnership between MPA, PSI and ProCPR and how you can complete the blended course that includes an online test and skills demonstration.
MPA and Michigan Pharmacy PAC work for you on legislative issues facing pharmacists in Michigan.
- Access to MPA governmental affairs department
- Join the Pharmacy Advocacy Response Team, a network of pharmacy professionals from all practice settings across the state who meet with legislators, volunteer and engage in educational opportunities, walk for legislators, attend events and respond when needed on issues related to pharmacy.
- Connections to state legislators and opportunities for face-to-face meetings at events like Pharmacy Day at the Capitol
- Build professional relationships within local association and practice section affiliations. With your membership, you can choose one of the following practice sections or affiliated chapters:
- Student Michigan Pharmacists Association
- Michigan Society of Pharmacy Technicians
- Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Michigan Society of Community Pharmacists
- Consultant and Specialty Pharmacists of Michigan
- Participate in MPA or practice section Committee or Board activities
- Professional Practice
Take advantage of the practice-related tools and resources that MPA offers such as consultations with MPA staff on pharmacy-related issues, continuing education offerings and access to ‘members only’ portions of the Web site.
MPA membership grants you discounts on many products and services
- Up to a 50 percent discount on registration fees for MPA programs, including the Annual Convention & Exposition at the end of February
- Free or discounted patient education materials
- Group rates on auto and homeowners insurance and business services from PSI Insurance Agency
- Special rates on disability, life and professional liability insurance
- Discounts on rentals through Avis Rent-a-Car
- For Avis, use corporate number AWDU305801
As a member, take advantage of the following personal discounts.
- PSI Insurance Agency and MPA are pleased to offer a member only service to help protect your identity. It’s called Sword and Shield Identity Theft Protection. At a discounted price of only $100 annually, this program will monitor thousands of databases to keep your identity safe. While no one can guarantee that your identity will not be stolen, you can rest more comfortably knowing you have the protection of Sword and Shield to help watch, warn and restore your identity with a $1,000,000 limit to protect you from financial hardships. Call Ron Devers, agency manager at (517) 377-0250 for more information.
- MPA members can apply for a JoS. A. Bank Corporate Card to receive a 20% on all regularly priced merchandise
- Either visit a JoS. A. Bank store, call (800) 285-2265 or email email@example.com, and mention Michigan Pharmacists Association, Corporate Company number 546193 when applying.
Below are answers to some membership questions that MPA encounters on a regular basis. If you don’t see your question below, or if you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to contact us by completeing our online contact form.
Please click here to register or renew your membership.
|Membership Category||Description||Annual Dues|
|Active Pharmacist||A pharmacist who is active in practice||$316|
|Active Pharmacist Joint with Spouse||A pharmacist whose spouse is an active, fully paid member||$160|
|Limited Practice||A pharmacist who practices less than 20 hours per week||$160|
|Retiree||A pharmacist who has retired and no longer practices||$160|
|Academic||A pharmacist who is a full-time faculty member, as outlined by the college of pharmacy||$160|
|Out-of-State Pharmacist||A pharmacist who lives out of state and wishes to receive MPA publications and continuing education credits||$160|
|New Practitioner||A pharmacist who graduated from a school or college of pharmacy. This membership category is only valid for the first five years of membership after graduation, with rates gradually increasing through year five.||$85-$240|
|Student Pharmacist – P4||A student pursuing a pharmacy degree; valid for one year||$30|
|Student Pharmacist – Career||A student pursing a pharmacy degree; valid for four years through completion of pharmacy school||$50|
|Associate||A non-pharmacist who wishes to join MPA (includes pharmaceutical representatives)||$100|
|Pharmacy Technician||A person who practices as a pharmacy technician; certification not required||$80|
|Limited Technician||A pharmacy technician who practices less than 20 hours per week||$40|
MPA members are enrolled in a local association as part of their membership to build relationships with those in certain areas of the state. You must be an active member of MPA to belong to a local association.
As part of membership, MPA also provides its members with connections to other pharmacy professionals in their area of practice through practice sections and affiliated chapters. A practice affiliation can be chosen when signing up for membership, which will allow you to receive targeted information and networking opportunities. Practice sections include community, health-system and consultant pharmacy. Affiliated chapters include pharmacy technician and student pharmacist.
We make joining or renewing with MPA easy! Click here to join online or via a printable application.
- You may visit the office during business hours, however, due to COVID-19 protocol we ask that you call (517) 484-1466 to make an appointment before coming to the office.
- Our phone number: (517) 484-1466
- Our fax number: (517) 484-4893
- Our e-mail: MPA@MichiganPharmacists.org