That’s My Pharmacist is a public relations initiative that encourages patients to get to know their pharmacist. In 2014, 4.3 billion prescriptions were filled in the U.S. Although the average American makes frequent trips to the pharmacy for themselves or their family, most people don’t even know the name of their pharmacist and may not have a clear understanding of the prescriptions they take and the key role that a pharmacist plays in their health care.
Pharmacists are the most accessible healthcare provider, whose ultimate goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. Pharmacists are also the medication experts, providing patients with all the information they need to have safe and effective outcomes from their medication therapy.
As a pharmacy professional, you are encouraged to utilize the resources below made available by MPA and MSHP.
If you’d like to make these resources available in your pharmacy or other practice site location, please email MPA@MichiganPharmacists.org.
Utilize the following customizable full-page advertisement to promote the valuable role of pharmacists. Add your logo and contact information in the white area located at the bottom of the customizable ad.
- That’s My Pharmacist Advertisement: Full page | Full page (customizable)
This printable, tri-fold brochure includes one panel that’s a personal medication card that you can use to record your prescription and nonprescription medications, herbals, vitamins and supplements. The brochure also features information on your pharmacist’s role in managing your medication, your role in managing your medication, the importance of taking your medications and 10 medication questions that your pharmacist can answer. The medication card is also offered as a standalone resource separate from the brochure.
Take advantage of these flyers that highlight various ways that pharmacists can help you improve your health! These PDF files can be downloaded, printed and used for educational purposes. In addition, there is a version of each that can be customized with your own logo.
- 10 Reasons to Talk to Your Pharmacist: Flyer | Flyer (customizable)
- 10 Conditions Your Pharmacist Can Help With: Flyer | Flyer (customizable)
- January – National Birth Defects Month
- February – American Heart Month
- March – National Kidney Month
- April – Alcohol Awareness Month
- May – Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- June – National HIV Testing Day
- July – World Hepatitis Day
- August – National Immunization Awareness Month
- September – Healthy Aging Month
- October – American Pharmacists Month & Health Literacy Month
- November – American Diabetes Month & COPD Awareness Month
- December – National Influenza Vaccination Week
Print off the following poster and hang it up to help promote the That’s My Pharmacist campaign! There is also a customizable version of the poster that allows you to add your own logo.
- That’s My Pharmacist Poster: 11″ x 14″ poster | 11″ x 14″ poster (customizable)