Our Leadership & Governance
Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) is led and governed by executive, legislative and judicial divisions.
MPA Executive Board
The MPA Executive Board serves as the executive governing division of the Association. The Board consists of the officers of the Association, Board members, and the Speaker and Vice Speaker of the House of Delegates as well as the chair of the MPA Student Pharmacist Executive Council. This group is responsible for advancing the goals and objectives of the Association. The Executive Board strengthens and advances MPA, shapes its personality, defines its goals and charts its future. The Board accomplishes this through strong cooperation and awareness of the needs, desires and attitudes of its members. It is the Board’s responsibility to do as much as possible to ensure that information flows in both directions between Board members and Association members.
The Executive Board holds the following responsibilities:
- Authority and responsibility of conducting the business and administering the finances of the Association.
- Adoption of an annual budget for the Association.
- Appoint and annually review the chief executive officer.
- Approve the time and place for the Annual Convention & Exposition and other business meetings of the Association.
- Determination of the fiscal year and operational year for the financial and functional activities of the Association.
- Approval of the committees and commissions of the Association, such other organizational units deemed necessary for the conduct of Association affairs, and the Committees and Task Forces of the Board.
- Fill all vacancies which may occur on the Board and act on applications for membership in the Association.
- Act on appeals from members emanating from decisions of the Ethics and Practice Commission wherein sanctions are imposed for violation of the Code of Professional Ethics of the Association.
- Establish and maintain an organizational relationship with the American Pharmacists Association.
- Report at each business meeting of the Association the actions of the Board and positions of the Association since its last report.
- Perform other functions as may be designated in the Bylaws or by the House of Delegates.
2023 MPA Executive Board Officers
2023 MPA Executive Board of Directors
* CSPM – Consultant and Specialty Pharmacists of Michigan; MSCP – Michigan Society of Community Pharmacists, MSHP – Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists; SMPA – Student Michigan Pharmacists Association
MPA House of Delegates
The House of Delegates is the legislative division of the Association, composed of representatives of recognized component organizations, affiliated chapters, the MPA Executive Board and counties without local association representation. All delegates are members of the Association in good standing.
The House of Delegates holds the following responsibilities:
- Interpret the objectives of the Association as stated in the MPA Bylaws.
- Adopt rules or procedures, consistent with the provisions of the MPA Bylaws, for the governing and administration of the House of Delegates
- Serve as the policy-forming body of the Association by developing and acting upon policies and procedures.
- Act on all policy reports and adopt resolutions of policy directed to the Executive Board and provide direction to the Executive Board.
- Act on all proposals for amendment of the MPA Bylaws.
- Provide delegate report to the component organization members or affiliated chapter members.
- Approve House Session minutes.
- Approve presented Executive Board reports.
For additional information, visit the House of Delegates section of the website.