The Membership Committee, a collaboration of MPA and MSHP members, works to increase and strengthen membership by developing activities for members. To encourage new members, the Committee also organizes a student luncheon annually. In addition, they evaluate member benefits and work on developing strategies to target special interest groups, including new practitioners and pharmacy technicians, for membership. View the Membership Committee Annual Report.
2020 MPA/MSHP Membership Committee Charges
- Member in the Spotlight: Review submissions and identify individuals for March 2020 – February 2021. Expand where member in the spotlight is posted, especially to increase use of social media.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for additional, unique/customized membership categories such as CE only membership, electronic only membership, all-inclusive membership, etc.
- Propose a revised membership dues structure, including evaluation of new practitioner to full active member conversion, to improve member retention.
- Provide staff a recommended list of personal and professional demographics/information to be captured in CRM (Membership Database). This may include but is not limited to who is a preceptor, what regional society they belong to, how they are willing to serve and membership status.
- Review existing member benefits, consider benefits not currently offered and make recommendations to ensure these benefits provide an increased member value.
- Complete the video developed as part of an awareness campaign focusing on promotion of MPA’s Value, functions and accomplishments in accordance with the MPA Strategic Plan by June 1, 2020.